Monday, August 15, 2016

Travel Makeup

First off, my blogger account is being weird, and for some reason it won't let anyone subscribe to any of my blogs... I'm trying to fix it, but well I'm working on it, could you leave a comment down below if you're reading our blog and plan to subscribe once I have it all worked out? We would love to see how many people are reading this blog! Thanks guys! And of course, if anyone knows how to fix this, please let me know!
I went to Boston this last week, and of course I had to look all over Pinterest for the most random beauty hacks ever. And I actually found some great ones that worked really well for me! I also found/created a lot well I was on my trip.



  1. It was so hot in Boston, and I became I sweaty mess. I found myself using tons of powder on my face, and that's really not good for your skin. It also made me look really pale! So I finally kinda got in on the trend of baking my face. Baking your face is using powder, but only in certain places on you face. I start by putting on my concealer (Wet and Wild) under my eyes, on the corners of my nose, and on all the other places I need it. Then I take a contour brush (Cover FX) and really pack on translucent powder (Hard Candy) under my eyes, on my chin, on my forehead, and down my nose. I then do my eye makeup well the powder sits on my face. After 5-10 minutes I brush the extra powder around my face with a fluffy brush (Ben Nye). This makes the powder stay for much longer.
  2. I spend way too much money on makeup for it to break in my bag. So I took my compacts and put cotton balls on top of the product. Then if my suitcase gets thrown around, the cotton will pad the makeup and not let it break.
  3. On my trip I brought a concealer (Wet and Wild), a regular eye shadow primer (Hard Candy), and a shimmer eye shadow primer (Wet and Wild). I actually only used the concealer well the two eye shadow primers just sat in my makeup bag taking up space. See what you can use in two different ways. I used the extra concealer I picked up as an eye shadow primer.
  4. This one seems obvious, but it actually isn't to a lot of people. Bring travel size beauty products! And that doesn't mean that you have to spend a ton of money on a travel size shampoo or something. You can pick up empty travel size bottles at the dollar store or really cheaply at Walmart or Walgreens and fill it up with one of the shampoos you already have. You can also bring travel size makeup. I always watch for a deal at makeup stores like Sephora and Ulta that gives you a travel size product as a sample with the full size product you buy. Lines like Urban Decay and Too Faced or stores like Sephora and Ulta have free samples with any order at checkout.
  5. Don't bring your most expensive or favorite makeup. I didn't want my $50 eye shadow to break on the plane, so instead I brought a travel size sample from Clinique that I got for free. I mostly brought drugstore makeup that I don't wear every day and that can be replaced easily and cheaply. Things can be broken easily or your luggage can be lost.
  6. If you forget your makeup bag, or something breaks, there are makeup stores in airports. In two of the airports I was at I found a full size M.A.C store, and I found a bunch of Benefit Cosmetics vending machines in the airports I was at, and those vending machines were probably the best thing that happened to me during the whole trip :) ! There of course will also be a Walmart or a Ulta wherever you're going, but if you need a touch up well you're on the plane, don't panic!

    Does anyone else have any travel beauty hacks? Leave them in the comments section! I hope to have some pictures up of some awesome vintage looking stuff I found and makeup vending machines sometime in the next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment